Hosting a wedding in a foreign country has become popular for many reasons as lots of people choose to have their ceremony and party abroad as opposed to a local destination. But there are pros and cons to having a wedding at home or abroad. This article will take a look at some of them, so couples can make a more informed decision when they choose their venues.
- Neutral Ground – As mentioned, a lot of people are choosing to have their wedding ceremony abroad as there are many options for couples outside of Australia. This usually means the wedding can be held on neutral ground and everyone has to cover the same distance to get there. It also gives all attendees some time to enjoy a mini break outside of their own country.
- Cost – If you are considering wedding venues in Sydney, it may be a bit expensive when it comes to cost. But when you factor in travel to a foreign destination and how much it will cost your guests, having a local wedding works out the same.
- Setting – Getting married in a new environment in an exotic location can be hard to beat. This is one of the reasons why so many people go abroad to tie the knot. It is also usually more relaxed and sociable than weddings at home.
Wedding at Home
- Convenience – Having a wedding abroad has many advantages but convenience is not one of them. Having to fly to another country, pack bags, organise a visa, and book accommodation can be more of a headache than it is worth. Planning a wedding in your own country is always going to be easier.
- Attendance – Some say having a wedding abroad attracts a more close-knit group that are your core friends and family. The only problem with this is that many cannot attend a wedding abroad as they cannot get the time off work or pay for a foreign trip to join the celebrations.
- Mixed Reactions – When you decide to have a wedding abroad, you will be met with mixed reactions from friends and family.
As you can see, there are many pros and cons associated with both options. In reality, you are never going to make everyone happy, so it is up to you to choose the destination that suits you the best. There are plenty of amazing wedding venues in Sydney and other areas on the east coast, just like there are abroad.